The talented Mr. JDC of The Wilwoods fame challenged me not only to talk about regrets but to be honest, a tall order because there's little I enjoy more telling big fat lies - honest!
The order was this:
You’ve just learned that tomorrow you will die at sunrise. Tell me the five things you regret and the five things you don’t.
I'm starting with a few things I don't regret.
1. Starting a blog. It's been a creative (sometimes) outlet and put me in touch with fascinating people who teach me more about them and myself with every read.
2. My last act at work before leaving for the holidays - deleting the phone messages I hadn't gotten to. The sense of abandonment and relief was delicious.
3. Moving to the big city. Leaving my small town provided me with a world of opportunity and the occasional motive.
4. Spending practically every cent I earn. If I end up dying with so much as a dime in my pocket, I'll be very upset.
5. Dying at sunrise. I hate to be kept waiting and if I knew my endtime would be sunset, I'd just be bitching and moaning all day; this way, it's up, maybe time for a coffee and a smoke and poof, I'm gone.
Thinking of things I do regret took a lot of time because they're legion.
1. Not applying myself more. This applies to most aspects of my life.
2. That I'm not better at the art of conversation. Actually that might be more a regret of people who get stuck talking to me.
3. Not writing more regularly (see #1).
4. The time I waste caring what other people think.
5. Throwing ice chunks at that kid in Grade 5. Correction - getting caught, he was a creep.
There are many more things I'm thankful for and also wish were different but those are for other times, other posts.
Thanks for the test JDC and for making my brain hurt.
Anyone else? Try it, you won't regret it.
Reader's Diary #1639- Carleigh Baker: Bad Endings
11 hours ago