I feel it’s time to take a break from this whole interview thing and the best way to do this, is of course to answer a few questions that Mob over at Dear Bastards posed a while ago.
1. What got you into the blog world in the first place; was it something you read about, did you know someone who did it, etc?
I remember hearing about the phenomenon in the media and wondered what it was about. I did a little investigation and thought it might be a good way to stretch my flabby writing muscles and keep track of things I typically would email to friends and then delete only to wish later I hadn't. It’s turned out to be a great way to read some really excellent writers and observers of this ridiculous life we lead.
2. What was the first film you bought with your own money to watch over and over again, be it on DVD, VHS, Betamax...and is it a film that you still like today?
I believe it may have been Last Exit To Brooklyn on VHS but then again, I’m old and my brain is dodgy. I can’t understand why this film never got a proper dvd release but exists on a Korean import. The book is pretty amazing too.
I also remember getting Jurassic Park on VHS because it was came cheap once with a combo meal at McDonald’s. I still like both films.
3. Since celebs always want to speak for the world about how we should be pitching in and saving the world, who would you choose to represent us the best?
I hate self important shilling and proselytizing so I’ll go with Kathy Griffin, a no holds barred tell it like it is kind of gal. She’s already managed to at least jump up to the C list by this point so I think she could get a few things done.
4. What do you think is the most unlikely comic-book to film translation, the one that no one will ever be able to translate properly? (No fair cheating and naming the existing ones that shouldn't have been made...)
Nancy and Sluggo. I mean how could you improve on that?.
5. Tell me the type of music that you like least, then tell me the artist from that genre that you find the least annoying. The lesser of two evils, if you will.
This is a really difficult question because I do enjoy a lot of different musical genres and can find something to like about all of them.
While I don’t eat a steady diet of rap and hip hop, I do enjoy it as long as it’s not all posturing and calling everyone bitches and ‘hos. This may seem strange because I do spend a lot of time posturing on this blog. If I start calling you all bitches and ‘hos, feel free to pop a cap in my ass.
15 hours ago