6/09/2006

Scan Me

I've been reading.......books. Gasp.

I just wanted to see if it was still possible. Turns out, yeah, it is.

To ease myself back into it, I chose a few lighthearted entertainments:

Early Bird: A Memoir of Premature Retirement by Rodney Rothman

Beyond Black by Hilary Mantel and

Jennifer Government by Max Barry, a book I read about on JJ's blog a while back.

While all three have their finer points, Jennifer's way out in front of the pack. It's a fast and wild ride. Although I'm not finished yet, I'm starting to wonder if I should have gotten that face tattoo right away.

12 comments:

Jenna said...

What is it with psychics named Allison? Does the name lend itself to...err...psychoism?

I've been reading a whole lot lately too, and looking for more to read for all the traveling. These all seem very interesting, thanks for the suggestions :)

AL RULES said...

i just finished JPod by douglas coupland. and then i watched the golden girls....

Dale said...

I feel a little psychomistic lately but I'm not named Allison. For a good time, call Jennifer Gizmo.

Al, how was JPod? I read some pretty good reviews of it. And were the golden girls you're watching locals?

Andi said...

You're READING! That's sexy.

I've heard good things about Jennifer Govt, but haven't read it myself.

chelene said...

I read Max Barry's new one, Company, earlier this year. I loved it. Very funny book. I will definitely go back and read Jennifer Government. Beyond Black looks good also. However, I'm knee-deep in books. I haven't finished Gaiman yet, and I still have the two books I bought from Rizzoli. Yikes!

Dale said...

It had to be done. I was spending too much time not being sexy Andi.

Knee deep is about right for me too Chelene. I'm curious about Neil G. too and may need to look into that once more books find a resting place on the shelf or in the hurl these at charity pile.

Reese said...

I'm reading "the Girls" by Lori Lansens about the twins conjoined at the head. Now that's sexy.

Dale said...

I read about that book Reese and it might be too sexy for even me to read.

Berry said...

"Premature retirement"?... Don't they have a drug for that?

I'm currently reading an owner's manual for an air conditioning unit.

Dale said...

Hope it's a breeze Berry.

Berry said...

I'll tell you this much: It's a chilling plot.

Dale said...

Berry funny!