4/20/2007

Friday Random Ten, Been A While Edition

Because it's been almost all about music and vacation here this week, I figured I'd better pony up with a Random Ten Songs list which I've been neglecting a bit lately. Some really great things showed up on the iPod as I shuffled along.

It's late so I only uploaded one mp3 that's definitely worth a listen. I used to love hearing my very white but cool friend Lorena singing all the parts along with the track. Nothing beats hearing all that swearing and a lovely invite from a true lady to 'suck my dick hos'.

1. Oliver's Army - Elvis Costello

2. High On Cruel - Neko Case & Her Boyfriends

3. Sweet Jane - Cowboy Junkies

4. My Hero - Foo Fighters

5. Christmas At The Zoo - The Flaming Lips

6. Somebody Told Me - The Killers

7. An Angry Blade - Iron & Wine

8. Lonesome Road - Julie London

9. Not Tonight (Ladies Night).mp3 - Lil Kim ft Left Eye, Da Brat, Missy Elliot, Angie Martinez

10.Tennessee Flat Top Box - Johnny Cash

I'm not sure how Julie London would have felt opening up for Lil Kim. Although they'd be a hard act to follow as well, our man Johnny's more than up to the task.

11 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

That is a sweet list, Dale! We all drunkenly sang Tennessee Flat Top Box at our party a few weeks ago and I swear we sounded just like the man in black himself.

Oliver's Army would be a great karaoke song imo. And wouldn't it be great to hear an mp3 of your friend Lorena singing the Lil Kim song?

Knitty Yas said...

i love that song sweet jane. i hear the title and the damned thing gets stuck in my head for days on end. then ... i must watch natural born killers.

Dale said...

The sound was sweet and perhaps a little salty with all of you honouring the original MiB. I could have put Oliver's Army into the what 7 songs are you listening to thing yesterday. When it came on, I played it several times in a row. I'll get Lorena working on it if I can ever get her to come home, maybe in June.

It's a great song and there are worse things really aren't there Yas? I really should get around to watching NBK sometime I guess huh?

Anonymous said...

Yay. I know like one of them...

Tenacious S said...

Mmmm hmmm, just as I suspected. I knew sooner or later someone else would admit owning The Killers.

Jake's Mom said...

Aren't you a little young to be a Julie London fan. That's for old broads like myself

Dale said...

It's the Killers isn't it Freelance?

Oh I own them Tenacious S. Well three of their songs anyway. They're playing the Virgin Music Festival here in September with Bjork, Smashing Pumpkins, Interpol, Amy Winehouse and a bunch of others.

I remember her from her days on Emergency as Dixie and saw the album by chance in a music store in NY once Jake's Mom. It's loungey and enjoyable.

Joe said...

How cool is it to have Johnny Cash, Julie London and Lil Kim sharing a list?

Dale said...

It's pretty messed up but sometimes the randomness of nature just creates beauty where you might not think there is any Bubs.

BeckEye said...

Good list Dale, though it almost seems too mainstream for you. Hipster.

Dale said...

Haha, Beckeye, I'm no hipster, just a doofus.